Twelve construction professionals who are at the start of their careers have been shortlisted for the first ever "Rising Star Award", which has been set up by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
An extension of the long-running Construction Manager of the Year awards (CMYA), this new category recognises professionals who have been in the industry for seven years or fewer and have made a demonstrable difference to the business or projects they have worked on.
A panel of CIOB and construction professionals arrived at the shortlist. (See below.)
The awards for the Rising Stars will be presented at the CMYA awards night on 25 November 2020 in London.
Further details of the night and how to attend can be found on the CMYA website. www.cmya.co.uk/
Caroline Gumble, chief executive of the CIOB, said: "These awards are a wonderful way to acknowledge the hard work and dedication shown by the emerging talent in our industry. I’m thrilled that we had so many nominations for our first ever Rising Star award and I’m looking forward to finding out who takes the title this year. My congratulations to everyone who’s made the shortlist."
The finalists are as follows:
- Kelly Attwood – Morgan Sindall
- Sam Bambury – Barratt London
- Vasiliki Bowler – Faithful + Gould
- Ellie Carswell – Faithful + Gould
- Annabel Clark – Faithful + Gould
- Cedric Fournier – Prime Pillar Group (Mauritius)
- Nicola Hodson MCIOB – Wates Group
- Graham Kinnear MCIOB – Graham Kinnear Property Consultant Ltd
- Mercy Ogunnusi MCIOB – Student & part-time lecturer at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen
- Lindsey Platt MCIOB – Orbit Housing Association
- Benjamin Valliquette – Gillam Group (Toronto)
- Robert Watson – NHBC
Image courtesy of Greg Rakozy/Unsplash