Two subsidiaries of Spanish giant ACS, Dragados USA and Pulice Construction, have been awarded a 15 year contract worth €282m by the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Like what you’re reading?Â Sign up here for the GCR newsletter to get stories like this delivered straight to your inbox
The duo will work on the design, construction and maintenance of the Interstate 2 (I2) and Interstate 69C (I69C) Interchange Project in Texas, including:
- Construction of four direct double-lane connectors between I2 and I69C highways;
- Demolition of four existing single-lane connectors;
- Construction of new roads, ramps and approaches which will offer additional capacity and operational improvements;
- Full reconstruction of I2 main lanes in this area, with expansion from six to eight as well as resurfacing work.
ACS says that the project will help reduce congestion and improve traffic mobility.
Image: Traffic on the Interstate 2 (Public Domain)