It is 10 years since the UK government mandated building information modelling (BIM) on public sector construction contracts. What happened in that time and the shape of BIM’s future is the focus of this year’s Digital Construction Summit, a virtual conference for construction business leaders on 19-20 October.
Technology chiefs from leading contractors and consultants will share their perspectives on construction’s complex tech landscape in a carefully chosen webinar series that will build on the successful 2020 event, which drew more than 3,000 construction professionals.
The Summit brings together government, clients, contractors, architects, consultants and suppliers to assess construction’s digital progress over the previous 12 months, and examine the policies, trends and innovations that will shape the industry over the coming years.
The Summit includes presentations from industry-leading digital professionals, panel discussions, Q&As and audience interaction.
The webinars confirmed so far are listed below and you can register for them now:
- Russell Baker Senior BIM manager, Kier (Western & Wales)
- Mark Enzer OBE CTO at Mott MacDonald; head of the National Digital Twin programme
- John Ford BIM & digital delivery lead, Galliford Try Construction
- Lewis Guy VDC implementation manager, Revizto
- Dr Anne Kemp OBE Technical director, Atkins; chair of the UK BIM Alliance
- Rhys Lewis Director, Revizto
- Paul Morrell OBE Former chief construction adviser; led the Government Construction Strategy 2011; now co-chair of the independent review of the system for testing construction products
- David Philp Director – digital strategy and innovation, Aecom; digital impact director of the Construction Innovation Hub
- Neil Thompson Director of digital construction, Atkins; head of the Construction Innovation Hub programme
- Ben Wallbank BIM strategy & partnerships manager, Trimble Viewpoint
- Jonathan Walters Senior BIM coordinator, Kier Group
- Andrew Agapiou Senior lecturer in architecture, University of Strathcylde
Partners for the Summit are:
- Chartered Institute of Building
- Trimble Viewpoint
More detail on the programme and speakers can be found on the Digital Construction Summit 2021 website.
For sponsorship opportunities, contact: