An international team has been selected by Infrastructure Ontario (IO) to build, finance, operate and maintain the 18km-long Hurontario Light Rail Transit project.
The Metrolinx team includes:
- Applicant lead: John Laing, Astaldi, Hitachi, Transdev, Amico Concessions, Salini Impregilo
- Construction: Astaldi, Hitachi, Amico, Bot, Salini Impregilo
- Design: IBI Group, Hitachi, Morrison Hershfield, Arcadis, Daoust Lestage, Exp
- Operation and maintenance: Transdev, Hitachi, Astaldi, Salini Impregilo
- Financial adviser: National Bank, HSBC
In a press release, IO said Mobilinx was selected in a competitive process overseen by a third party.
Work on the Hurontario line involves:
- Construction of 18km of track between Mississauga in the south and Brampton in the north
- Construction of 19 stops
- Links to GO Transit’s Milton, Lakeshore West, Port Credit and Gateway Terminal stations
- A maintenance and storage facility for light rail vehicles.
Work on the US$1.3bn light rail system was announced in April 2015. An estimated 35 million passengers will be using the line by 2031.
Images courtesy of Infrastructure Ontario