UK contractor Balfour Beatty has won seven contracts worth a total of $235m in California from clients Unified School Districts, San Diego County and the Marine Corps.
Balfour Beatty will work on:
- ontana Secondary Academy: A $99m contract for a secondary school in northern Fontana. Due to be completed in the autumn of 2023, the 154,700 sq ft school will house administration and fitness centres, classrooms, laboratories and performing arts spaces.
- Marine Corps Recruit Depot: A $57m project that includes construction of a new 100,500 sq ft dining facility for Marine Corps recruits that will be able to give 6,000 personnel 1,800 meals a day.
- San Diego Kavod Charter School: A $29m contract for a two-storey elementary classroom building, a two-storey middle-school classroom and the modernisation of an existing classroom.
- SDUSD King Chavez Academy: $28m to replace all portable classrooms and administration building with new, two-storey classrooms, a one-storey administration building, and a modular food service building.
- Fontana Sierra Lakes Elementary Renovation: $16m to create 15 new 4th and 5th-grade classrooms at the school in a two-storey building that features a second-level outdoor classroom.
- La Mesa-Spring Valley School: A $4m lease-leaseback contract to improve La Mesa Arts Academy, Parkway Middle School, Spring Valley Academy and STEAM Academy.
- San Diego County’s East Mesa Juvenile Detention Facility: A $3.4m contract involving renovation of the building’s dayroom and watch tower.
Brian Cahill, Balfour Beatty’s Californian president, said: “We’re honoured to continue our buildings legacy in California through the delivery of projects in the high-growth K-12 education, correctional/justice and federal market sectors across the state.
“The Balfour Beatty team will leverage our extensive construction expertise and ongoing commitment to operational excellence to achieve each of our client’s individual building goals, which supports their operations in providing vital services for all.”