The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) has revealed the finalists for the 2021 Rising Star, Client of the Year and Team of the Year awards.
The Rising Star category is for those who have been in the construction industry for seven years or less and demonstrated excellence in their work, the industry and among their peers.
The Client of the Year award is for UK-based organisations that have led the commissioning of construction projects and evidenced positive qualities such as early engagement and risk management, while the Team of the Year award focusses on teams operating within the built environment who have showcased attributes including effective communication within/beyond the team and evidence of equality, diversity and inclusion.
The awards will be presented as part of CIOB’s Construction Manager of the Year Awards, which have been running for more than 40 years. The event will be held on 29 September 2021 in London, hosted by George Clarke, architect and presenter of Channel 4’s “Remarkable Renovations”.
The finalists are:
- King Wai Jason Cheung – Hip Hing Construction Company Ltd. China
- Ryan Greenidge – London Borough of Lambeth
- Megan Haslam – Sir Robert McAlpine
- Lydia McGuinness – Henry Boot Construction
- Magda Miazga – ISG Ltd
- George Parsons – Gleeds
- Alexandra Roche – Halesowen College
- David Smith – Turner & Townsend UAE
- Jack Turner – BAM Construction Ltd
- Matt Williams – Faithful+Gould
- Almac Group
- Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
- AstraZeneca (CPS Project Team – Macclesfield Campus)
- Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council
- University of Wolverhampton
- Wokingham Borough Council
- BAM Construction – Construction Project Delivery
- Build UK – Representative Organisation for UK Construction
- Heron Bros – Leisure and Stadia Project Delivery
- ISG – Construction Project Delivery
- Morgan Sindall Construction – Construction Project Delivery
- Placemakers London – Sustainable Home Building
- Skanska – Project Pre-Construction & Enabling
- VolkerFitzpatrick – Emerging Talent Team
Image by Stephen L Scrase/www.photocoverage.co.uk