The Australian state of New South Wales (NSW) is looking for submissions to help it repair its roads.
NSW’s "Innovation Network: Innovating regional road maintenance initiative" aims to update its maintenance program with ideas that are "suitable for trial and ready for operationalisation".
Submissions could be used on either rural or regional roads.
Innovations may address one or more areas, including:
- Infrastructure inspections, monitoring or surveying
- Pavements inspectionsÂ Â Â Â Â
- SafetyÂ Â Â
- Communication, skills, resources or knowledge sharingÂ Â Â Â Â
- Reducing paperwork, efficiencies with reports, timesheets
- Corridor landscaping maintenance/vegetation clearance.Â Â Â
The NSW Roads and Maritime department will fund a trial of the winning idea or ideas as part of its 2018/19 maintenance programme.
Roads and Maritime maintains more than 15,000km of road and bridge infrastructure in regional NSW.
Submissions will be open until Wednesday 11 April 2018; specifications can be read here.
Image courtesy of NSW government