Hochtief and Salini Impregilo awarded $705m Washington highway contract

A joint venture between subsidiaries of Italy’s Salini Impregilo Group and Germany’s Hochtief has won a $705m contract from the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) for the Interstate 405 highway.

Salini Impregilo’s Lane Construction has a 40% stake in the venture, with Hochtief’s Flatiron West holding the remaining 60%.

The team will undertake the design-and-build contract to widen the highway and install a dual express toll system on the I-405 between the I-405/SR interchange in Renton and 6th Street in Bellevue.

Richard Grabinski, Flatiron Construction’s executive vice president, said: "This project represents our continued commitment to improving infrastructure across Washington and to providing rewarding careers and job opportunities to the local community."

Work on the project is due to begin in 2020 and be completed in 2024.

Image: The I-405 (Wikimedia Commons/David Herrera/CC BY 2.0)

Story for GCR? Get in touch via email: [email protected]

Latest articles in News