Cement giant LafargeHolcim is seeking applicants to enter two international competitions to find "sustainable construction solutions with architectural excellence".
Prize money worth $2m will be given to projects or concepts from the fields of architecture, engineering, urban planning, material sciences and construction technology.
- Like what you’re reading?Â Sign up here for the GCR newsletter to get stories like this delivered straight to your inbox
For LafargeHolcim’s main awards category, construction or fabrication must not have started before 1 January. For the "Next Generation" awards category, applicants should not be older than 30 years of age, with concepts based on "design studio and research work".
The awards will be judged by an international independent board using LafargeHolcim Foundation’s "target issues" for sustainable construction. The criteria include:
- Innovation and transferability
- Ethical standards and social inclusion
- Resource and environmental performance
- Economic viability and compatibility
- Contextual and aesthetic impact
- Reduction of carbon emissions
- Tackling increasing urbanisation.
Entries are open until 25 February 2020.
Image courtesy of LafargeHolcim