A consortium of French firms Alstom and Colas has won a €155m contract for the forthcoming Grand Paris Express project.
The team will work on the track, rigid catenary and linear equipment for line 15 South – East sector of the project.
The contract involves construction of 17km of metro line serving 8 stations, from Noisy – Champs to Vitry-sur-Seine.
The consortium will also be in charge of project management, studies, supply, execution of works and tests for the railway, rigid catenary and linear equipment.
The team will also build a maintenance and storage site in Champigny-sur-Marne.
Colas leads the consortium with a 70%, Alstom has the remaining 30%.
Work on the development is due to be completed in May 2024, with 260 employees working on the project.
Alstom and Colas have previously worked together on projects such as the Reims tramway, the LGV NÃ®mes-Montpellier Bypass, and the Cairo and Caracas metros.
Image courtesy of Colas