Six teams from around the world have been shortlisted for this year’s annual CIOB Global Student Challenge.
Squads from Indonesia, Canada, China, Australia, UK and US will act as boards of directors for virtual construction companies, taking decisions on staffing levels, estimating and bidding, managing cash flow and capital, and seeking investment opportunities.
The shortlisted teams emerged from 39 who entered, and the winning team will get £2,000 pounds.
The winner will be announced at the CIOB Presidents Dinner on 27 June 2019 in Edinburgh, for which tickets are on sale now.Â
Contestants are full-time students studying for a degree in the built environment. The shortlisted teams are:
- Kanigara Banu – Universitas Indonesia
- KLMN Construction Group – George Brown College, Canada
- Resilient Construction – Glasgow Caledonian University, UK
- Toomer Oaks Construction – Auburn University, USA
- HOTPOT CREW – Chongqing University, China
- Design & CurStruct – Curtin University, Australia
Track the final stages of the competition on the CIOB’s Twitter feed: @theCIOB